Post-Heart Attack Overview of the Quality of Life in the Patients with Coronary Heart Disease
Background: Patients suffering from coronary heart disease can experience psychological changes as well as quality of life. This study aims to determine the quality of life of patients with coronary heart disease post heart attack.
Methods: A total of 30 patients with coronary heart disease after diagnosed STEMI, NSTEMI, or unstable angina for less than one year and had never been diagnosed with a mental disorder. Quality of life was measured by the Indonesian version of the SF-36 Health Survey instrument. Unpaired t-test and Mann Whitney test was conducted to analyze the differences the quality of life based on gender.
Results: As many as 36.7% of subjects stated that the current condition was somewhat worse than one year ago. Subjects who stated the same or better were 56.6%. Men have a higher quality of life than women, although fraud is not statistically significant (p> 0.05). Emotional well-being is the dimension that has the highest average (75.1 ± 17.3) in both the male group (74.8 ± 17.7) and the female group (77.3 ± 16.7). Role limitations due to emotional problems have the lowest score (18.8 ± 33.5) followed by role limitations due to physical problems (20.0 ± 29.7).
Conclusion: Patients with coronary heart disease after the attack have the perception that there are limited roles both due to emotional and physical problems. There was no significant difference between the quality of life of coronary heart disease sufferers after the attack of the male and female groups.
2. Kementerian R. Info Datin Situasi Kesehatan Jantung. 2014;
3. Post MWM. Definitions of quality of life: What has happened and how to move on. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil. 2014;20(3):167–80.
4. NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms [Internet]. [cited 2020 Jan 3]. Available from: https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms/def/quality-of-life
5. Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) [Internet]. [cited 2020 Jan 3]. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/hrqol/index.htm
6. Lucas-Carrasco R. The WHO quality of life (WHOQOL) questionnaire: Spanish development and validation studies. Qual Life Res. 2012;21(1):161–5.
7. Hutagalung RU, Susilaningsih FS, Mardiyah A, Keperawatan F, Samarinda D, Keperawatan F, et al. Kualitas Hidup Pasien Pascaintervensi Koroner Perkutan The Quality of Life of Patient with Post Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. 2013;2(April 2014).
8. Günal A, Aengevaeren WRM, Gehlmann HR, Luijten JE, Bos JS, Verheugt FWA, et al. Outcome and quality of life one year after percutaneous coronary interventions in octogenarians. 2008;16(4):117–22.
9. Salim S, Yamin M, Alwi I, Setiati S. Validity and Reliability of the Indonesian Version of SF-36 Quality of Life Questionnaire on Patients with Permanent Pacemakers. Acta Med Indones. 2017;49(1):10–6.
10. Ramadhanty Z. Construct Validity and Reliability of Indonesian Version of RAND SF-36 Quality of Life Questionnaire in Breast Cancer Patients. Indones J Cancer. 2019 Jul;13(2):55.
11. Tasi? I, Lazarevi? G, Stojanovi? M, Kosti? S, Rihter M, Djordjevi? D, et al. Health-related quality of life in patients with coronary artery disease after coronary revascularization. Cent Eur J Med [Internet]. 2013;8(5):618–26. Available from: https://doi.org/10.2478/s11536-012-0135-4
12. Gierszewska K, Jaworska I, Skrzypek M, G?sior M, Pudlo R. Quality of life in patients with coronary artery disease treated with coronary artery bypass grafting and hybrid coronary revascularization. Cardiol J. 2018;25(5):621–7.
13. Cepeda-Valery B, Cheong AP, Lee A, Yan BP. Measuring health related quality of life in coronary heart disease: The importance of feeling well. Int J Cardiol [Internet]. 2011;149(1):4–9. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2010.09.048
14. Sajobi TT, Wang M, Awosoga O, Santana M, Southern D, Liang Z, et al. Trajectories of health-related quality of life in coronary artery disease. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2018;11(3):1–11.
15. Nuraeni A. Faktor yang Memengaruhi Kualitas Hidup Pasien dengan Penyakit Jantung Koroner. J Keperawatan Padjadjaran. 2016;v4(n2):107–16.
16. Morys JM, Bellwon J, Höfer S, Rynkiewicz A, Gruchala M. Quality of life in patients with coronary heart disease after myocardial infarction and with ischemic heart failure. Arch Med Sci. 2016;12(2):326–33.
17. Mollon L, Bhattacharjee S. Health related quality of life among myocardial infarction survivors in the United States: A propensity score matched analysis. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2017;15(1):1–10.
18. Andrade A, Menezes Y, Silva F, Cordeiro A, Guimaraes A. Quality of Life in Patients after Acute Myocardial Infarction. 2018;1–4.
19. Ran?i? NK, Petrovi? BD, Apostolovi? SR, Koci? BN, Ili? M V. Health-related quality of life in patients after the acute myocardial infarction. Cent Eur J Med [Internet]. 2013;8(2):266–72. Available from: https://doi.org/10.2478/s11536-012-0118-5
20. Gierlaszy?ska K, Pudlo R, Jaworska I, Byrczek-Godula K, G?sior M. Tools for assessing quality of life in cardiology and cardiac surgery. Kardiochirurgia i Torakochirurgia Pol. 2016;13(1):78–82.
Copyright (c) 2020 Jurnal Kedokteran
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.