A Case Report Baby Born with Multiple Congenital Anomalies Including Ruptured Omphalocele at a Primary Healthcare
A baby was born at a primary healthcare with multiple congenital anomalies, which included ruptured omphalocele, cloacal exstrophy, and congenital talipes equinovarus. IV line was obtained, and the baby was stabilized. The baby was referred to a tertiary health care and underwent surgery to close the defect, ileostomy, and mucous fistula. He survived the surgery but is currently in intensive care.
2. Pastura PSVC, Land MGP. CHILDREN WITH MULTIPLE CONGENITAL DEFECTS: WHAT ARE THE LIMITS BETWEEN THERAPEUTIC OBSTINACY AND THE TREATMENT OF UNCERTAIN BENEFIT? Rev Paul Pediatr. 2017 Mar;35(1):110–4.
3. Kim SB, Jang MJ, Song YH, Jung SY, Oh JS, Lim JW. Trends and Characteristics of Mortality Associated with Congenital Anomalies in Korean Children under 5 Years of Age. Neonatal Med. 2021 Aug 31;28(3):99–107.
4. Toxværd ME, Garne E. Epidemiology of Multiple Congenital Anomalies Before and After Implementation of a Nationwide Prenatal Screening Program in Denmark. Front Pediatr. 2021;9:614864.
5. Calzolari E, Barisic I, Loane M, Morris J, Wellesley D, Dolk H, et al. Epidemiology of multiple congenital anomalies in Europe: a EUROCAT population-based registry study. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2014 Apr;100(4):270–6.
6. Neel N, Tarabay MS. Omphalocele, exstrophy of cloaca, imperforate anus, and spinal defect complex, multiple major reconstructive surgeries needed. Urol Ann. 2018 Mar;10(1):118–21.
7. Mandrekar SRS, Amoncar S, Banaulikar S, Sawant V, Pinto RGW. Omphalocele, exstrophy of cloaca, imperforate anus and spinal defect (OEIS Complex) with overlapping features of body stalk anomaly (limb body wall complex). Indian J Hum Genet. 2014 Apr;20(2):195–8.
8. Keppler-Noreuil K, Gorton S, Foo F, Yankowitz J, Keegan C. Prenatal ascertainment of OEIS complex/cloacal exstrophy - 15 new cases and literature review. Am J Med Genet A. 2007 Sep 15;143A(18):2122–8.
Copyright (c) 2022 Jurnal Kedokteran
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.