Osteosarcoma with Metastasis in Digestive System
Osteosarcoma is a bone neoplasm that is malignant (malignant). Ionic radiation is also said to be a direct cause of osteosarcoma, which is 3%. In general, symptoms will appear after a few weeks or months after the disease. Pain is the initial symptom that usually occurs, the pain felt may be accompanied by a mass or it may not be palpable with a mass, the pain is felt deep and intense. Treatment of osteosarcoma can be divided into two, namely by chemotherapy or surgery. The purpose of this review is to determine the metastases of osteosarcoma in the digestive system. The writing of this review was obtained from various sources originating from scientific journals and government guidelines. Source searches were carried out on online portals of journal publications such as PubMed, Google Scholar and MedScap with the keywords (Osteosarcoma) AND (Metastasis Digestive System). In the literature study, it was found that the most common metastases occurred in the lung. However, the presence of metastases in the digestive system can increase mortality and have a poor prognosis.
2. Moore D. D., Luu H. H. Osteosarcoma. Cancer Treat Res. 2014;Avalaible from: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-07323-1_4
3. Komite Penanggulanan Kanker Nasional. Panduan Penatalaksanaan Osteosarkoma. Kementrian Kesehat Republik Indones [Internet]. 2015;1–40. Available from: http://kanker.kemkes.go.id/guidelines/PPKOsteosarkoma.pdf
4. Berhe S, Danzer E, Meyers PA, Behr G, LaQuaglia MP, Price AP. Unusual Abdominal Metastases in Osteosarcoma. J Pediatr Surg Case Reports [Internet]. 2018;28:13–6. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsc.2017.09.022
5. Kubo T, Furuta T, Johan MP, Yoshizuka M, Ochi M, Adachi N. Long-Term Survival After Sporadic and Delayed Metastases Of Conventional Osteosarcoma: A Case Report. Vol. 96, Medicine (United States). 2017.
6. Siddiqui S, Singh A, Ali S, Yadav M, Pandey V, Sharma D. Metallothionein: Potential Therapeutic Target for Osteosarcoma. J Oncol Sci [Internet]. 2019;5(1):13–8. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jons.2019.02.002
7. Loho LL. Osteosarkoma. J Biomedik. 2014;6(3):55–61.
8. Diamantis A, Christodoulidis G, Vasdeki D, Karasavvidou F, Margonis E, Tepetes K. Giant Abdominal Osteosarcoma Causing Intestinal Obstruction Treated with Resection and Adjuvant Chemotherapy. World J Gastrointest Surg. 2017;9(2):68–72.
9. Zhao X, Wu Q, Gong X, Liu J, Ma Y. Osteosarcoma: a Review of Current and Future Therapeutic Approaches. Biomed Eng Online [Internet]. 2021;20(1):1–14. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12938-021-00860-0
10. Durfee RA, Mohammed M, Luu HH. Review of Osteosarcoma and Current Management. Rheumatol Ther. 2016;3(2):221–43.
11. Abbo O, Pinnagoda K, Micol LA, Beck-Popovic M, Joseph JM. Osteosarcoma Metastasis Causing Ileo-Ileal Intussusception. World J Surg Oncol. 2013;11:2–4.
Copyright (c) 2022 Jurnal Kedokteran
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.