GAMBARAN EPIDEMIOLOGI KUSTA PADA ANAK DAN PELAKSANAAN KEMOPROFILAKSIS KUSTA DI KOTA MATARAM
Efforts to treat and prevent leprosy have improved, but in fact this disease is still difficult to eliminate and still a world health problem. Leprosy in childhood reflects the on going active transmission of the disease in the community as well as the efficiency of ongoing disease control programs. Effective planning to reduce the incidence of leprosy and its complications in children must be a priority. This cross-sectional study used a mixed of quantitative and qualitative methods. Quantitative data is obtained from secondary data on cases of child leprosy, while qualitative data is obtained from in-depth interviews with the person in charge of the leprosy program at the health center in the city of Mataram. Ms. Excel is used to analyze quantitatively and thematic test is used to analyze qualitatively (open code software). There were two cases of leprosy in children but had completed treatment and cured. The knowledge of the person in charge of the leprosy program about handling leprosy in puskesmas is quite good, but their understanding on the national strategy, especially about chemoprophylaxis is not understood comprehensively. The implementation of the leprosy prevention program at the Puskesmas has been running regularly, however currently constrained by covid-19 pandemic.
2. Organization, World Health. Leprosy. World Health Organisation. [Online] 2018. http://apps.who.int/neglected_diseases/ntddata/leprosy/leprosy.html.
3. LEPROSY: An OVERVIEW OF EPIDEMIOLOGY AND RISK FACTOR IN INDONESIA. al., Ramona et. 6, s.l. : J.Bio.Innovation, 2017, Vol. 6. ISSN 2277-8330.
4. PERATURAN MENTERI KESEHATAN REPUBLIK INDONESIA No 11 tahun 2019. Tentang Penanggulangan Kusta. Jakarta : Kementerian Kesehatan RI, 2019.
5. Leprosy in children: a Cuban experience on leprosy control. Ruiz-Fuentes JL, Rumbaut Castillo R, Hurtado Gascón LdlC, et.al. s.l. : BMJ Paediatrics Open, 2019, Vol. 3. doi:10.1136.
6. Leprosy in children. Indian Journal of Paediatric Dermatology . Narang T, Kumar B. s.l. : Wolters Kluwer - Medknow, 2019, Vol. 20.
7. Barat, Dinas Kesehatan Provinsi Nusa Tenggara. Profil Kesehatan Provinsi Nusa Tenggara Barat tahun 2017. 2017.
8. Mataram, Dinas Kesehatan Kota. Profil Kesehatan Kota Mataram tahun 2015. 2016.
9. F. Johannes Moet, David Pahan, Ron P. Schuring, Linda Oskam, Jan H. Richardus, Physical Distance, Genetic Relationship, Age, and Leprosy Classification Are Independent Risk Factors for Leprosy in Contacts of Patients with Leprosy, The Journal of Infectious Diseases, Volume 193, Issue 3, 1 February 2006, Pages 346–353, https://doi.org/10.1086/499278
10. Zhang FR, et.al. Genomewide association study of leprosy. N Engl J Med. 2009 Dec 31;361(27):2609-18. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa0903753. Epub 2009 Dec 16. PMID: 20018961.
11. Moraes, Milton Ozório et al. Genetics of host response in leprosy. Leprosy Review, v. 77, p. 189-202, 2006.
12. Sermrittirong, Silatham & Van Brakel, W. & Bunbers-Aelen, J. (2014). How to reduce stigma in leprosy--a systematic literature review. Leprosy review. 85. 149-57. 10.47276/lr.85.3.149.
13. Yamaguchi, Nobuko & Poudel, Krishna & Jimba, Masamine. (2016). Health-related quality of life, depression, and self-esteem in adolescents with leprosy-affected parents: Results of a cross-sectional study in Nepal. Japanese journal of leprosy. 85. 65-68. 10.5025/hansen.85.65.
14. Leon, Kristoffer & Jacob, Jesse & Franco-Paredes, Carlos & Kozarsky, Phyllis & Wu, Henry & Fairley, Jessica. (2016). Delayed Diagnosis, Leprosy Reactions, and Nerve Injury Among Individuals With Hansen's Disease Seen at a United States Clinic. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 3. ofw063. 10.1093/ofid/ofw063.
15. Anindita Hasniati Rahmah, Ruben Dharmawan, Setyo Sri Rahardjo. (2018). Socioeconomic, Environmental, and Behavioral Determinants of Leprosy in Kediri, East Java. Journal of Epidemiology and Public Health (2018), 3(2): 253-262.https://doi.org/10.26911/jepublichealth.2018.03.02.05.
16. Fischer EAJ, de Vlas SJ, Habbema JDF, Richardus JH (2011) The Long Term Effect of Current and New Interventions on the New Case Detection of Leprosy: A Modeling Study. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5(9): e1330. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0001330.
17. Moet, F & Meima, A & Oskam, Linda & Richardus, Jan. (2005). Risk factors for the development of clinical leprosy among contacts, and their relevance for targeted interventions. Leprosy review. 75. 310-26.
18. Rahman A, Hasanah, Wulan NSD. (2016). Evaluasi Program Pengendalian Penyakit Kusta Di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Lompentodea Kecamatan Parigi Barat Kabupaten Parigi Montong. Jurnal Preventif. Volume 7 Nomor 2. htttp://jurnal.untad.ac.id/jurnal/index.php/Preventif/article/view/8339 (diakses pada: 30 November 2020).
19. Kemenkes RI. (2020). Surat Edaran Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Direktorat Jenderal Pencegahan dan Pengendalian Penyakit No. HK.02.02/5/3834/2020 tentang Pelaksanaan Pencegahan dan Pengendalian Penyakit Kusta dan Frambusia dalam Situasi Pandemi Covid-19
Copyright (c) 2021 Jurnal Kedokteran
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.