Website- based cataract surgery registry prototipe development
West Nusa Tenggara province ranks the second as the highest province with blindness due to cataract in people above 50 years old. Although blindness from cataract is preventable, without well-organized and accurate cataract surgical registry, actions for prevention of blindness will not be optimized. Until now, there is no single online cataract surgical registry in Indonesia that results in difficulty in retrieving cataract surgical rate and outcome data. The study aims to develop a website-based cataract surgery registry to collect pre, during and post cataract surgery in West Nusa Tenggara province followed by trials by health workers in Rumah Sakit Universitas Mataram to perfect the application before daily use. They shoud answers questions from questionnaire provided to measure their perceptions of the application. The application named Register Operasi Katarak NTB (ROKANTB) can be operated in windows, chrome or mac operating systems. The questionnaire shows good perception among health workers for application design, easy to operate, practicality, amount of time needed to fill the form, retrieving data and usefulness of the application as cataract surgery registry. ROKANTB application is a practical and useful tool to record and present cataract surgery data online from many healthcare facilities that may be useful to analize and evaluate our local and national cataract surgery program and strategies.
2. WHO. Programme for prevention of blindness and deafness. Informal Consultation on Analysis of Blindness Prevention Outcome;1998
3. WHO. Global data on visual impairment; 2010
4. Infodatin Pusat Data dan Informasi Kementerian Kesehatan RI. Situasi Gangguan Penglihatan dan Kebutaan. 2014
5. Perdami 2020, available at www.perdami.id
6. Hans L, Walter M. Monitoring cataract surgical outcome software. The International Center for Eye Health. 2010.
7. Syska Widyawati. Katarak. Buku Ajar Oftalmologi;2017
8. Alamri M et al. Pathophysiology of Cataract. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2018 Sep;5(9):3668-72
9. Chua BE, Mitchell P, Cumming RG. Effect of cataract type and location on visual function: the Blue Mountains Eye Study. Eye (Lond) 2004;18(8):765-72.
10. Andrew PS, Flora L, Hendry DJ. The development and demise of cataract surgery database. Jt Comm J Qual Improv 2002;108-14.
11. Azhany Y et al. Sequelae of neglected senile cataract. Malays Farms Physician;2013(8):33-7
12. Patricia et al. Pre-Senile Cataract in Diabetic Patients: Prevalence and Early Diagnosis. J Clin Trials;2017:7:2
13. Shah MA, Shah SM, Shah SB, et al. Morphology of traumatic cataract: does it play a role in final visual outcome? BMJ Open 2011;1:e000060. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2011-000060
14. Randall et al. Cataract in adult eye: Preferred Practice Pattern AAO;2016
15. Abbot RL, Flora L, Hoskins HD, Scachat AP, Schein O. Initial two years of experience with the AAO National Eyecare Outcomes Network (NEON) cataract surgery database. Ophthalmology 2000;107(4):691-7
16. Lum, Flora & Schachat, Andrew & Jampel, Henry. (2002). The Development and Demise of a Cataract Surgery Database. The Joint Commission journal on quality improvement. 28. 108-14. 10.1016/S1070-3241(02)28010- 4.
Copyright (c) 2022 Jurnal Kedokteran
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.